Hi everyone, welcome to Palacedaughter. It’s another beautiful day here and I am really grateful for the gift of life. I am so sorry I could not post for a week now. I have been so busy. Busy with life, work and so many other things but I am glad am here today to share with you. Today, I will be sharing with you a book I read last week, which is titled, “Saving your Marriage before it Starts”. I would love to highlight the beautiful quotes I garnered from it.
So let’s get started…
The truth is many people prepare more for wedding than for marriage. As the day goes by many couples wrongly blame in-laws, financial issues, and sex for their marital problems. However, most challenges in marriages are caused by poor communication, gender issues and lack of spiritual health, among others.
1. “Marriage is in actual fact a way of living. Before marriage, we don’t expect life to be all sunshine and roses, but we seem to expect life after marriage to be that way”. (pg. 29)
2. “Couples who swallow the myth that their spouse will make them whole become dependent on their partner in a way that is by all standards unhealthy”.(pg. 31)
3. “Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold” –Maurice Seitter
4. “The success of a marriage comes not from finding the “right person”, but in the ability of both partners to adjust to the real person they inevitably realize they married”(pg. 31)
5. “There is beauty in marriage that respects the individuality of its partner. In an interdependent marriage, joy is doubled, and sorrow is cut half” (pg. 32)
6. “Accepting each other’s differences is a vital key to effective communication. Woman use conversation primarily to form and solidify connections with other people. On the other hand, men tend to use words to navigate their way within the hierarchy by communicating their knowledge and skill and imparting information” (pg. 91).
7. “Knowing how to fight fair is critical to your survival as a happy couple”.(pg. 119)
8. “It is not whether a couple argues, but how the couple argues”.(pg. 126)
9. “One of the task of marriage is determing what can be changed and what can be overlooked”(pg. 128)
10. “Conflict is the price we pay for deepening intimacy”. (pg. 135)
11. “ Marriage thrives when its soul is nourished” (pg. 138)
Thank you for reading. Please share.