Hi everyone, welcome back to Palacedaughter. The last two weeks has been very busy for me; however, I tried my best to create this beautiful post for you. The post is about the lessons I garnered from my married friends. I would love to share with you hoping that it would be beneficial.Thanks for always reading my posts.
Now to the lessons
- Never ignore your guts: One of the greatest mistakes you will make in a relationship is to ignore your guts. Look… intuition is real. Once you feel uncomfortable about a situation, person, and relationship among others. Most times your guesses are right. Please don’t silence your guts. They are sometimes the bail and escape for emotional people. When you are blinded by emotions, it’s your sensitivity that spares you most times. Don’t silence the questions you have, especially those questions that emanate from the dark corners of your heart, soul and spirit. Most times your guts don’t lie but most often men and women lie.
- Date more and be deliberate with your choice of partner: Dating is not evil like many people think. Read more about dating in Myles Munroe: Waiting and Dating. Please date, date and date. Remember not all dates will lead to marriage. Again, be selective and deliberate in your choice. Don’t just go for the exterior; look inwards also. Look deeper and deeper. Be observant.
- Know that there are more important things than marriage: There are more important things than marriage. These are purpose, dream…Don’t ever give them up for anything.
- Don’t care about what the society would think: Don’t live to please but protect your happiness. Yes. Many people make these mistakes. Some have even been involved in a bad relationships because they listened to the society or wanted to please people but today the relationship has ended. Talk more of those who were married to the wrong person all for the same reasons.
- Have a rethink when everything happens too quickly: When everything happens too quickly, re-examine. It might be founded on emotion and not logic. Therefore, it may not last. Sometimes, tangible things are built with time.
- Be more concern with how congruent your values are with that of your partner and not more concern about being religious or cultural: Be more concern about your values rather than whether you attend the same church or you are from the same part of the world. Your values, agreeing is more important than being religious or cultural.
- You can change no one except yourself.
- The problem you noticed before marriage will be more enunciated in marriage: Anything you notice before marriage will be more pronounced in it, so don’t think it will become evasive.
- Your strength that the weak despised will carry you all the way or a long way.
- Know what you want in a man, make your list, date a lot and don’t ever settle for less.
- Be honest: Do not lie or cheat. Let your words and your actions be congruent. Lying only indicates that someone is a coward and can’t own up to the truth. Let your yes be yes and No be NO.
- Listen to your loved ones: When your loved ones discourage you about an individual. Look deeper. It’s just that it’s difficult but look deeper. Romance can blind you but your loved ones can spare you. Thanks for reading. Kindly share.